Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Monday, March 28, 2011


it's Oklahoma in spring so, of course, there was a hailstorm just as we pulled up to the pond to fish. I looked at my weather app. on my iphone and told Hank "it's getting ready to storm really bad." His exact words were "this is going around us - I PROMISE." That is why he and the older kids had to wait out the storm in a little hut on top of the hill with a horribly STINKY wet dog...while we sat in the truck. While they were in the shack Sam said to Hank "mom's going to kill you for not listening to her, esp. if we blow away."


Wanda scared me a little bit when she said "we will never be able to drive out of the this mud." So we started videoing our own episode of I SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE with my phone while we were sitting there. The storm passed, we got a little stuck trying to get out, spun the tires for awhile and made it home safely. All I had to say to Hank was "I WAS RIGHT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment