Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Notice her new sunglasses! She is very light sensitive right now so we got some new shades:)
Yesterday (Wednesday) Stella went to 2 more dr apts. She had to go have pictures of her optic nerve taken for doctors in Ohio. I will have to scan them in and put them out here. I was amazed at the difference in hers and a normal optic disc. It really made me realize how this affects vision. Doctors in Ohio insisted she start Diamox so we did last night. This should help save her vision. The eye drs explained that the optic disc is an extension of the brain so it's bulging because of her high pressure. The first thing to go is perephiral vision which is something she can't tell us. So Friday she has to have a field vision test which is something they never do on children her age becuase it's long and difficult. She is very cooperative for all of this so they are going to try. I was a little nervous when Dr. Sood said she had never put a child on Diamox (she has like 4500 patients). We didn't have a choice though. She is feeling pretty good right now. I am so proud of her for going through all of this without really complaining. I know she misses her friends. I took her for a pedicure in between apts. yesterday to reward her. In the picture above they were poking this thing right on her eyeball to measure pressure in her eyes and she tried to hard to sit perfectly still. Dr. Roach in Ohio is working very closely with Dr. Sood to manage Stella's care. If we go out to see him we will wait until week after next when he is back from vacation, but I don't know if we will even have to since he is ordering everything to be done here. He is still reviewing MRV to see what he thinks about narrowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment