Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Always good to see my dad. He has Multiple Sclerosis so he can't visit us...the car ride is too long. He is the parent who was a daredevil out of the two. He has done some CRAZY stuff in his life. He taught us to be brave, pick up bugs, shoot snakes, how to ice skate, not to be affraid to speed while driving. Forget about drivers ed...never took it! He put me in a pick-up at the age of 15 and said "don't get caught til' your 16! We spent summers on the lake and winters on the slopes of Colorado - I skied my first black diamond when I was in the first grade. Dad was a very determined, hard worker who started out as a welder for Texaco and eventually started his own successfull oil company. I feel bad for him because I know he would still be a real go getter if it weren't for his illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment