Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Papa Jack - what an interesting guy. He has really lived his life to the fullest and I'm so proud of him for that. Coming from humble beginnings didn't stop him from taking on the world. Some of his occupations have included: rancher, Texas Ranger, turqouise jewelry maker and gold miner (prospector). He has been interviewed by Dan Rather for his gold prospecting and traveled the world in search of the "Mother Load!" His travels have taken him to pyramids, Alaska and classified locations. He settled in Cripple Creek Colorado during his gold mining years and I have great childhood memories of summers in Colorado with him learing how to make a gold bar. He is now 87 and slowing down a little which frustrates him greatly...I still think he has a better memory than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment