Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Friday, February 11, 2011

I have a theory on customer service. They make the automated menu so hard to drill through and the people sooo hard to understand that you decide it's simply not worth your time and you just take it! I have allowed charges to go through on my credit card just so I wouldn't have to deal with the frustration and I believe others have done this too. I think that is the plan. Hank deals with it so much more than I do, that I truly feel sorry for him. Technical support is all overseas now. The conversation I just had went something like this, once I finally got through to a person. I was calling SIRIUSXM radio. "oh we are sorry that our system automatically billed you for an extra year when you clearly had your account set up to pay annually."
I'm thinking "then why did I get billed for 2 years?"
Customer service: "um, hold on..."
Customer service: "one moment please"
Customer service "ok then, one moment"
Customer service "we will credit you for all months subtracting the one month this year you have already used it, becuase you had a credit balance then we will blah, blah, blah and she kept spouting all of this nonsense out about how she was going to only charge me for one year at a time.
IF you are a linguist you can kind of sort out what they are saying through the thick accent on the other end of the phone.

This is why Hank jumps up and down and tells me don't EVER order a FREE sample of ANYTHING off of the internet because they always charge your card the very next day and it's next to impossible to get that stuff taken off. I have done it with a travel service, acai berry, the other day I got a free credit report for a $1 processing fee only to be charged $85 dollars.

I PROMISE Hank I will resist the temptation to ever do this again!!!! If I do, you can take away my computer privileges.

No comments:

Post a Comment