Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

let there be squash and zucchini!!!
The garden is paying Hank back for all of his hard work. I don't know what to do with all of this food. Tried freezing sugar snap peas and they turned to mush - how sad they are my favs! Storing potatoes in paper bags full of dirt in the pantry floor and we are having a stew tonight made from some of this squash and zucchini. Looks like we will have several thousand watermelon and cantaloupes! Any ideas? The only thing we don't have, but really want are blackberries. None of our wild ones produced (too dry - froze?) and our fruit trees all froze so no fruit this year....except for a few cherries that the birds will eat:(

No comments:

Post a Comment