Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Sunday, June 19, 2011


"Bags of puke"

Which brings me to why Hank had to cook his own father's day meals...Friday I was cleaning the mirror in my bathroom when I leaned and twisted at the same time. At that moment I heard my back pop and felt a familiar pain of disks being herniated. I have a bad lower back and neck (in total 5 herniated disks). By Saturday I was feeling pretty yucky but thought I could ride to Tulsa to pick SAm up from camp and go with the family to get Hank's father's day gift. NO WAY! By the time we got Sam I needed to go right back home because the pain was so bad I was getting nauseous. I started throwing up in Hank's car on the turnpike. He pulled over so I could throw a trash bag of vomit out the window and get a new one. Just then a state trooper pulled up and told Hank to get out and pick up my bag of puke. He stuck his head in the window and saw me with tears running down my face, throwing up and didn't care one bit. So Hank gets out and retrieves the puke and puts it in the floor board. By the time we got home he had several more bags to deal with. He pulled over again while I was throwing up and I said "JUST GET ME OUT OF THIS CAR!!!" By midnight last night I had thrown up at least 7-8 times and was totally wiped out. I was tearing through the medicine cabinet looking for any leftover narcotic we had from someone's surgery, dental procedure - ANYTHING. Hank said "take the strongest thing in there." I also use Icy Hot and a heating pad. I can walk now, but barely, and the vomiting has stopped - THANK GOODNESS. My poor kids had to help change out throw up bowls because I couldn't even get up yesterday. So it was kind of a rotten fathers day weekend around here. We had to reschedule with my dad for next weekend. Maybe my tomatoes will be ripe by then and i can take him some.

No comments:

Post a Comment