Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My cilantro then turned into this salsa...yummy. I made a separate batch for me with peppers from the garden (also a first for us) since I like my food HOT and SPICY!!!


I better start looking for some potato recipes - ASAP!


Shelby helped me dig up potatoes. By the time we were done digging 1 row, we were covered with ants, bleeding, dirty and sweating, but boy will we enjoy those potatoes!!

Stella passed on potato digging. I guess she was worn out from dusting. As she was cleaning earlier she said "it's ok Shelby, you sit there and keep playing computer and I will take all of the money." I reminded her that they do not get paid for household chores and Stella said "well, I will be happy to do my chores outside then." The dusting went pretty well until she found her doll and started putting hair tinsel in her hair and feeding her blackberries.


Constant insistence that the dog swims...he looks really excited huh? Look at him digging his back feet in.


Stella's Willy Wonka sunglasses:)


of course there was swimming...these are my two mermaid/dolphins who pretend they are dolphins caught in the tuna net and must be rescued.


Our summer day:
We harvested some fresh, organic-everything we grow is organic and it's so worth it- cilantro from the garden (1st time we have grown it), swam, Stella got stung by her first bee and lived to tell about it (I was worried I would have to use EPI pen), did a little cleaning, dug potatoes and did lots of cooking. In my book that is a perfect day. Cooking relaxes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment