Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Holy cow - is that a rain cloud moving our way???
As I was sitting here blogging I noticed the temp. on my computer dropped about 3 degrees and the wind picked up. I walked outside with camera in hand to document this marvel of mother nature and sure enough it looked and smelled like rain off in the distance. Can it really be? The other day Sam and I were talking about Hank's constant watering and Sam remembered when he used to water our old house...we had a good laugh. He would do that to cool it off. In case you don't know Hank hates the heat. It brings out the worst in him:( I think Hank learned about watering houses in his youth. His dad got this idea to rock their house. They got these really nice mossy rocks and did it as a family project. Then Hank's job afterwards was to water the house to keep the moss alive. Hank said he put action figures in the cement, so somewhere in an old ranch house in Eastern Oklahoma, there is a Hank Hubler time capsule preserved in concrete. Hanks says the walls on that house were so thick it could be used as a bunker. Wonder if the moss is still alive? I put these stories on here because this is a living scrapbook for our family and kids to enjoy. You don't always appreciate them when you are a kid. If I could get Hank to participate in this he could tell some really funny ones about his childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment