Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ta-Da!
I bet they will all be gone before winter even gets here. My plan was to store them for winter. Gardening, picking, cleaning, canning is a lot of work...but oh how we love the way it tastes. It's like eating really fresh seafood (or so I have heard because I don't eat seafood). There is just no comparison.



Earlier this summer my mother-in-law, Wanda, helped me can these organic potatoes Hank grew in our garden. That white stuff is the starch - it's normal- I was concerned about how they were going to turn out, but I fried some in butter last night and they were AWESOME! I got the skillet blazing hot and seared them. They were already soft because we boiled them for a few minutes before canning to kill everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment