Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Monday, June 18, 2012

This is a message to all parents who have kids who have access to a mobile device, social networking, computer, etc.  So EVERY single kid in the world basically.  Hank and I caught a perv. texting Shelby.  We have done our homework and he is located in Canada (fortunately).  He was posing as a young teenage boy and was trying to get her to send him "more pictures" after she sent one very innocent one of herself in the mirror...(that seems to be the preferred method most kids use these days of sending out picutres of themself).  She downloaded an app that she found through some game that allowed her to talk to all kinds of people.  I think this place (i.e. her new friends)  is crawling with pedifiles from the looks of it.  I told this "boy" that Hank does computer intelligence for the CIA and he would find him...haha!   His replies were very bold and he basically said "I dare you."  Little does this guy know that Hank really can find him and may just do it.  He probably belongs in jail.  Shelby's phone has been erased, all controls (data plan) turned off so she can only talk and text (but no mulitmedia messaging) and her camera was even turned off.  We did this to protect her from herself.  I want you to know these are things you can do to smart phones.  I didn't even know it until Hank typed in a password on her phone (that she doesn't know) and started turning everything off.  This way she can still play some games and we can call her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment