Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Okay - so we thought today would be a good lake day. Why not right? Wrong! After packing food, towels, kids with sunscreen, & driving an hour to the lake we got there to find the battery dead:( so I hauled the kids to mom's house, got the charger & headed back to the marina with my tools...feeling pretty manly (the only thing I've ever jumped is the law mower) I proceeded to hook up the battery charger. Oops - I put red on black & black on red & the sparks flew! Quick switcheroo & we are in business. Don't ask me why or how I mixed them up..don't make fun. We hung out at the house & 1 1/2 hours later the boat was charged & ready to go. Woo hoo! Wrong:( the wind was so strong it created waves in skiatook lake that you could surf on. Right off the bat we hit one that completely covered the boat with water. Scared all of us. Did we stop? No! I had 3 boys who were determined to try their new wakeboard - in the high seas!!! I went to the calmest part of the lake I could find, but still felt like I was in a hurricane. Sam & Robert tried to get up but we just kept blowing into the shore so we gave up. I very, very carefully drive the boat back through "the perfect storm" & we swam at the public beach for awhile. I have seen grand lake look like that but never Skiatook. I was worn out from driving the boat through it! I think the dead battery was a sign. Next time I'm checking wind speeds before we leave the house. Oh lastly * thunder lost>:(

No comments:

Post a Comment