Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

This post is about finding strange things is strange places...this week I have been painting Stella's bedroom and the girl's pullman bathroom.  I opened up the cabinet under Stella's sink and found a tub and a cup both covered with picture frames.  I lifted the frames off and out came a horrible smell:(  Stella was keeping FROGS in there, but trying to hide them because we keep telling the girls not to keep them as pets.  Those tiny pellets in the tub (with the dehydrated frogs) are food.  There are several more frogs in the cup.  She got this idea when Shelby had a friend over and they turned Shelby's secret room into a frog room.  They had probably 20 containers full of frogs mostly.  By the time I caught them they had transported water, bugs for the frogs to eat, and all kinds of messy things up there. 

I also found a dead frog under her bed when I moved it to paint.  That frog was from one of those little aquariums that have a piece of bamboo and usually 2 frogs.  Anyway, my mom got it for STella for her birthday and one night some friends were over playing up in her room.  WE heard a HUGE crash upstairs and when we walked in, a tall chest of drawers had been knocked over onto Stella's bed and everything on it (including the frog aquarium) went flying!!!!  WE cleaned up the mess, but I guess we overlooked this poor guy who ended up under the bed.


Last night I crawled in bed and my arm felt this strange feeling...it was a bowl of grapes.  Stella was sleeping in my bed since there are paint fumes in her room.  I guess she wanted to have a healthy snack just incase she woke up during the night.  I took this in the dark with my iphone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment