Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Monday, July 2, 2012



These pictures are from October 2009.  I am reposting them for a friend who's mother is battling cancer.  When these were taken my mom had breast cancer and Hank's dad had colon cancer.  Sam decided not to play that season so he could spend weekends with his sick grandparents.  When these were taken we had only lived here one year and really didn't know very many people.  However, his football team made it to the play-offs that year and they wanted to do something special to show Sam their support.  Pink is a well-known cancer color (colon cancer is blue) so they all taped up...even the cheerleaders!  Hank beat me to this game and called me and said "you have to bring your camera," but wouldn't say why."  When I walked up I was so overcome with emotion, I bawled.  The newspaper ran the story and pictures. My mom is now in remission, but sadly Hank's dad passed away in May of that same school year.  This story truly moved both of them.   This is why I love living here.  People really come together! What a great group of boys....I love that team:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment