Welcome to our crazy life!

For years friends and family have told me to write a book about some of the wild, funny, challenging and (at times) unbelieveable events in my family's life. I decided a blog would be a good way to get my feet wet...so here goes! I was NOT an English major so don't critique.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This is why I love living here. Look at the pink tape on the shoes. I know most of you have seen this. It's back from October 2009 when my mom and Hank's dad both had cancer. This morning I was talking to a lady about Bristow and she told me how she would love to move to a small town from South Tulsa. As I was driving I thought about this football game and many other reasons why I love small towns.

1. These boys really came together for Sam (even though he didn't even play football that season since both of his grandparents had cancer). He didn't grow up here and most of them didn't know his grandparents.
2. Your kids get hand-me-down uniforms in athletics so you dont' have to take out a low interest loan to sign up.
3. You can call up the bank and ask what's going on in town and when to sign your kids up for stuff.
4. You can let your kids walk across town, with their friends, to eat.
5. You can meet with your school administrators without making an apointment.
6. People live for Friday night football and on Monday morning you can listen to the old men sitting in Zigeez talking about the game.
7. Zigee knows your favorite foods, salad dressings, and what flavor of ring pop your kids like. If he doesn't have what you like he will order it!
8. Everyone knows where you live and if you try to give them an address they have no idea what you are talking about.
9. Your kids don't have to be superstars to play sports; everyone can join the team...in every sport.
10. My kids have tons of friends and they are happier than they have ever been:)

I am more relaxed since we moved here and I know the kids are too. This is the way childhood should be. The kids come home and play outside...we don't spend the entire evening in the car, eating drive thru just trying to keep up with everyone else. I REFUSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment